Monday, November 27, 2006

ready to wear

Intriguing phrase of the day: sacred geometry

Popped up during a Google search and I was like, man, that's gotta go in a story somewhere. We'll see.

So last week I wrote a new short in record time... the idea hit me Monday and by the time Thanksgiving rolled around it had a beginning, a middle and an end. I like to call that a rough draft. It's a twisted little piece of sci-fi, but I kinda like it.

I polished it over the weekend and sent it to some friends to run their eyeballs over. It's under 5,000 words which is YAY! saleable. My short stories tend to run long. Well, that's not exactly true. I would vocally defend the lengths of even my longest efforts. There are some stories that just need a certain amount of space to breathe. I'm not going to cut them off at the knees because of editorial requirements.

Still, it's nice to have one that is a very comfortable size for selling. Ready-to-wear, ya know what I mean? Electric Spec will get the first crack at it.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool! Keep on writing.

4:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

gimme a title so I can tell the other editors to send it to me. the distributor usually ignores named emails.

5:35 PM  
Blogger braun said...

It's called The Comfort of Mirrors. Thanks for looking at it!

10:17 PM  
Blogger Betsy Dornbusch said...

And, as a little ps, we're holding it for voting. :)

10:59 PM  
Blogger braun said...

Yay!

9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home