Tuesday, October 10, 2006

errata

First of all, whatever happened to my right-hand page navigation? Where did it go? Is it coming back? Did it step out for groceries or is it visiting relatives for the weekend? Did it run out of gas outside Atlanta? Life is full of such uncertainties.

Secondly, I am becoming annoyed by Amazon.com's book recommendations. Just because I once purchased a book by an author or on a topic does not mean I wish to purchase EVERY book that author has ever written, nor would I enjoy every book ever penned on said topic. So I once bought an "Anguished English" book. That certainly doesn't mean I want to purchase Richard Lederer's entire oeuvre. And yes, Amazon, I like Ursula LeGuin. But you would serve me better by recommending similar authors instead of all umpteen million of her short story collections.

2 Comments:

Blogger writtenwyrdd said...

This is blogger.com, things come, they go... Yesterday all my paragraphs went missing for about twenty minutes on my blog. Last week, it ate a couple of entries. Mysterious and strange things happen here...

BTW when I was here earlier today, they went away for me too and I just refreshed the page to get them back. sometimes it's really that simple. Usually not.

4:58 PM  
Blogger braun said...

Yeah, looks like they're back now. Bizarre. I guess you get what you pay for. heh

6:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home