Tuesday, June 19, 2007

adventures in fiction

So I've been working on a little side projects, just for fun. I thought I'd share it with you.

This blog is the temporary home of the serial space-western, The Ghosts of Blackmoon Rift. That’s a little yarn I’m spinning in my spare time about a gang of misfits searching for an alien spacecraft in the uncharted badlands of a universe on the verge of destruction.

*deep breath*

My original idea was that I would have readers of my LiveJournal determine by vote the setting and plot of a short story, which I would then write. When the dust had settled, space opera was left standing. Specifically, a space opera set at the end of the universe. With free teleportation and a wild frontier that would do Davey Crockett proud. Oh, and there were multiple lead characters.

It was clear to me that this was not one single short story.

What started as an exercise in storytelling has since turned into an exercise in genre-bending. It’s science fiction, it’s a space opera, it’s a western. There may also be some romance, tragedy, gothic horror, you name it. I’m making it up as I go along, weaving a tale in short, serialized installments. The plan is to keep posting as long as people keep reading. Your feedback is appreciated!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger writtenwyrdd said...

Braun, fear not: All space opera is more or less a western set in space. Some more overtly western than others. Sounds like a challenging project, though.

9:52 AM  
Blogger braun said...

It's been interesting, for sure!

6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home